Monday, September 8, 2014

I Need Jesus

"I need Jesus, my need I now confess;
No friend like Him in times of deep distress;
I need Jesus, the need I gladly own;
Though some may bear their load alone, Yet, I need Jesus."
-Charles H. Gabriel


I was meditating on this song as I finally gave up on sleep and decided I had better clean the kitchen and do the dishes.  I was also listening for a very sick baby.

My husband has had a terrible cough for the past three weeks, and now three of my children are coughing as well. They are coughing so badly, that we cut short our vacation to South Dakota and Mount Rushmore and came home a day early.

The baby has been diagnosed as having bronchiolitis, which is just a fancy term for a nasty cold that has settled in his chest. He wakes up frequently during the night coughing, crying, and trying to catch his breath. He has seen the Dr. multiple times this week. They tell me the worst should be over soon. All I can do for him to help get rid of the congestion is use a snot-sucker aka "nose frida".

In all of this, I am thankful for the time to get away and reflect. To confess my need to my Heavenly Father who knows the things that we need before we even ask. He is the Great Physician.



2 comments:

  1. Awe Bekah, I know it's so hard! I am glad you are able to be thankful even in the midst of all of this. You are all still in my prayers. Thank you for your comment today on my blog. I had my first big test today of the semester and it was such an encouragement! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob and Esther showed up positive for whooping cough. Antibiotics and quarantine are on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete