Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Children are a Blessing, Not a Curse

It's difficult to know how to begin this entry. Miscarriage is a difficult thing. Two weeks ago I experienced my third miscarriage. I thank God that I have three healthy children living today. Miscarriage makes you appreciate your children a little more, extend them more grace, hug them tighter, and tell them more often how much you love them.

It's hard to put into words the emotions that I have experienced. Emotions that have ranged from despair to rejoicing. I am thankful that Christ understands our sorrows. He can comfort us like no one else.

My life verse is Psalm 42:11. In this verse the Psalmist asks, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: For I shall yet praise Him who is the health of my countenance, and my God." There are times when in life when I have no where to look but up. That is the way my relationship with God should always be. Looking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment