Sunday, December 2, 2012

Purpose in Parenting



Parenting is a privilege. There is no such thing as a "perfect parent". Parenting is exhausting, but rewarding in many ways. I am always amazed at the power of a hug or a kiss from one of my little ones. They can make the cloudiest day seem bright.

Ok, I know I am probably "preaching to the choir" again. I tend to get up on soap boxes a lot. Sometimes it just helps to remind ourselves of the rewards that can come from parenting. I need to be reminded that I am not insignificant as a mother and that what I am doing does matter. What job could I have that could possibly be more important than loving my children and rearing them to be God-loving, responsible citizens?

I must count my blessings on a daily basis. There is joy to be found in serving my children. I must look to the Lord on this journey, for without Him I can do nothing. (John 14:6)

2 comments:

  1. "The hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world." This is a very famous line from a not-so-famous poem; the author is William Ross Wallace. Here is a link to the full poem:

    http://www.crossroad.to/Victory/poems/hand_rocks_cradle.htm

    Rebekah, you and your husband are fulfilling a very important commandment:

    "

    "These words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7

    The blessings you will receive from this endeavor will be experienced throughout all eternity!

    Continue to fold laundry, change diapers, train children, etc. all to the glory of God; there is nothing greater in this life!

    Thank you for your posts!

    Blessings,

    Joan Girkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Joan. =)

    ReplyDelete