Monday, September 8, 2014

A Few Pregnancy Poems

Here are a few poems I wrote when I was pregnant with my first son.

Donuts

Today as I went out to shop
I stepped inside the donut shop
Just to glance at forbidden food
Then I tried a taste, not to be rude
And before I knew it 
There I stood, 
I could not leave, though I knew I should.
Transfixed, as though I were glued to the floor
I could not bring myself to go out the door.
I had to try one, just a taste
And before I knew it frosting was on my face
I must have blanked out for just a minute
I should not have started or even began it.
Powdered sugar in my hair
No wonder the customers stopped to stare.
Boston creams and rich eclairs
Wondrous fillings
Everywhere!



A Restaurant Dilemma


I can't decide 
Don't make me think
I don't know what I want to drink
I've been sitting here staring
For half an hour
Unable to decide on Kung Pao 
Or sweet and sour.
"What's the dilemma?" you may wonder.
I don't want to make a blunder.
Ready to order, but maybe not.
That Kung Pao chicken may be too hot
It may send my stomach into fits
And cause this baby to start to kick.






No comments:

Post a Comment